Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Good Deed...

Sophia is a Daisy Girl Scout (Daisy is the first step...Kinder and 1st grade girls). Every 2 weeks they meet and work on earning a new petal. Each petal has a theme. A few months ago they earned the "helping" petal and made these little signs that said "a Daisy was here." Sophia came out of that meeting very excited and for a few days kept telling me that she had to get up early and could I please stay in bed a bit longer. I forget what her first good deed was.
Fast forward to yesterday...she came out of our room saying something about "Daddy's clothes are hard to do. Wait until you go into your room." I had no clue what she was talking about. It was a busy afternoon and evening and it wasn't until after she went to bed that I found this "a Daisy was here" note. I almost cried!!! She had been in our room trying to put the folded laundry away!! So so sweet. And, I don't think this is the original note they made in Daisies, so she must have worked to make a new one.
Sophia can be such a little drama queen sometimes, but she has a heart of gold. She is always leaving notes for people and making little gifts. Such a sweet sweet little spirit!

1 comment: