Thursday, October 8, 2009

A succesful afternoon and evening with only one "say what????"

I consider this a successful afternoon and evening:

No major tears or fits at the doctor's office for flu shots. Joshua cried (of course). Sophia got the flu mist. Jake handled his shot with no tears or tantrums. I was proud!

On the way home I had a "say what" moment. We were listening to "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and Sophia said "Are they talking about Handy Manny or God?" HUH???? Seriously??? And I think she was serious. She sounded serious!!!

Snow White was a big hit tonight. They sat in the Disney trance and didn't move!

It's 7:45 and all 3 kids are in bed sleeping.

I made 3 "leashes" for Joshua's sippy cup, blankie and paci tonight. I will outsmart him if it's the last thing I do!! No more throwing things overboard out of the stroller as we walk to and from school each day. I'm tired of people running up behind us going "you dropped this." That problem is solved now!!! I just need to make one more for his snack cup and then everything he usually has in the stroller with him will be locked down. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture.

I'm watching Oprah right now which today was all about hoarding. Makes me feel SO much more normal!!!

So...all in all this has been a pretty decent day!!!!

2 comments:

maryh said...

nothing like watching crazies on oprah to make you feel more normal.

Jamie said...

Sophia's comment makes me laugh! I hope Joshua lets the leash just be a leash...I made Micah one for our trip to Arkansas this summer and he immediately undid the velcro and threw the cup! Hope you have better luck!