Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ranch Fun...

We've spent the last 6 days at the ranch. It was 4th of July weekend and the first annual Cousin Camp. What fun!!! I had the great idea of starting Cousin Camp this year so that Jake, Sophia, Joshua and Grant would have more time to play together. And Mary and I would get some time together too. 4 kids, 3 days, 2 adults...what was I thinking??? But, I think everyone had a good time. The pictures say it all!!

And, we also had 4th of July fun complete with the Pledge of Allegiance (need to work on that one!!), a parade (down the driveway) and fireworks.

At the park next to Lake Waco.


The kids loved sparklers, but they made sure to keep them at arms length!! If you're thinking "why are they doing fireworks in the daytime" that's because it wasn't getting dark until about 9:00...and there was NO way we were keeping kids up that late!!!

Getting dirty is the best part of the ranch!!


Saying the Pledge of Allegiance before the parade.

First annual 4th of July parade down the driveway!!


And...my favorite picture! This makes all the craziness worth it!!!! I can just see the future pictures of the kids (maybe more can be added to the mix!!) in front of the Cousin Camp sign!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So fun!!!!! Maybe next year you can charge admission for your "california cousins". I'd gladly pay to come and play!