Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween...is it over yet???

The kids had a great Halloween. Mike and I really enjoyed seeing them have so much fun. But, now that the sugar high is about gone...I'm ready for the candy to be gone!!! Today the Tooth Fairy visited our house!! When the kids come home from school they'll find a special note from her that says she left a new toy with Mommy. So if they trade in their candy (because you know..too much candy isn't good for teeth!!) they can have their new toy. Let's hope they go for the trade!! This is the first year I've tried this.

We went to a great Halloween party at our friends Dave and Debbie's. They're friends from church and have a little boy who is 5. Debbie went all out and she had their backyard looking SO cute!! There was lots of good (and fun) food and games for the kids. Mike declared it the best Halloween party ever!! He was very partial to the Cheetos, mummy dogs (hot dogs), Rice Krispie treats and beer. Who can blame him???
Our host Debbie and her little boy Trey.

Mike...passing on his love of Cheetos to the littlest Wille.
After we left the party, we went over to Shirley's street for trick or treating. The Truwe's came with us. It was Naomi's first time trick or treating. I think she was trying hard just to keep up with Jake and Sophia. I loved it when Sophia was running full speed to the next house yelling behind her "come on...let's roll!". That's an enthusiastic trick or treater!!!

The first stop...Grammy's house! Joshua stayed there for all the trick or treating. It was WAY past his bed time by that point!

Pretty cute...if only they acted this way all the time!
Dumping out to look at the goods after we were done! It was a candy feeding frenzy!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

There are 2 things I LOVE about that family picture...
1. Your hand FIRMLY holding Sophia on the couch....
2. The Cheeto finger marks on Mikes shirt.

Crack me up!

Fun times....I'm glad there are 363 days left until next halloween. I can only handle that kind of excitment once a year!

Amy said...

Funny!! I'd never noticed my hand before. The Cheetoe marks...yes!!

Amy said...

Funny!! I'd never noticed my hand before. The Cheetoe marks...yes!!