Sunday, November 8, 2009

Single parenting it for 8 days...

Mike, Sophia and Shirley are in Kansas. Let's hope year #3 (or 4...I've lost count) is when Mike gets the "big one." I'm crossing my fingers...and I know he is too!!!!

So, in the meantime it's just me and the boys. And no camera. Mike took it with him in hopes of taking lots of pictures of the monster deer he's going to shoot!

Take any 1 child out of the mix and things immediately become easier because the dynamics change. Jake and Joshua are probably the hardest combo though. Jake doesn't play with Joshua a lot and when he does, he's really rough. And, Jake likes to be entertained. Like this morning...after he was up at 5:30 (but basically stayed in bed) and then got up when his alarm (using that term loosely) went off at 6:30. First thing out of his mouth when he gets in my room "Where are we going?" "Umm...back to bed???"

But, I'm enjoying having 1 less kid and some relative down time. The boys are able to have more of my attention. And Sophia is getting some special attention too. So...everyone wins!

1 comment:

maryh said...

glad its going well so far!