Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The littlest one has a stocking...

I finished Joshua's stocking today. The only thing it needs is a hanger..which won't take more than 3 min. to sew on. Joshua's stocking is the 4th stocking I've made since becoming the unofficial stocking maker of the family. MeeMaw started it...and I'm continuing the tradition. I've made one for Mike, Sophia, Joshua and Brad. Jake and Grant (first borns for Mary and I) both have stockings that MeeMaw originally made...I just freshened them up and put a new cuff on them.
This year I need to repair our stockings. Sophia was a tad destructive (imagine that!!) last year and pulled some things off of them. And, for several years I've thought that Mike's name was too big. I know...very ridiculous....but it bothers me every year. So, this year I will redo his cuff...and make myself very happy.

How come the littlest one's stocking is the biggest by just a bit. Hmmm.....???? I can't lie...it bothers me now that I look at them all in a row. I could focus on this and obsess about it. But, I'll try to let it go. There's no easy fix for being just a little too big!!! Hopefully it won't stand out when I hang them on the mantle. I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

maryh said...

she would be so so happy...