Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bathroom Demo...

I had a minor breakdown about our blue bathroom last night. It's been in need of major help ever since we moved in. We did some work at the beginning...but didn't come close to finishing it. It's always been on my list of "kind of embarrassing things" about the house because it's the bathroom people use when they come over. I always feel like it has an odd smell....we can't figure out why, the bad paint job (my fault), and all of the things that aren't finished about it. So, today Mike is doing something about it!! He knocked down the wall to open it up. Looks WAY better already. He's going to finish all the demo parts (obviously), put new baseboards down, trim around the mirror, fix my crappy paint job around the ceiling and put a cabinet above the toilet. Hooray!! All in 3 weeks....done in time for Sophia's birthday party. I'm going to be one happy woman!!!

BEFORE


AFTER DEMO TODAY

3 comments:

Jamie said...

wow! that makes a HUGE difference! wanna come do ours?

maryh said...

wow - didn't know you were going to do that - i always thought that bathroom was just fine, but i guess i was wrong!

Kelly said...

That's quite impressive. I can't wait to see the totally finished pictures.