Saturday, January 9, 2010

Teeny tiny kitchen....

I've tried the "cook for a day, eat for a month" idea once before. I think it was in the old house. No wonder...cooking in this little kitchen is fine most days. But, when you're making more than 20 dinners at a time...it's hard. Doesn't this look like fun??

Total counter space...maybe 2 sq. feet. Total floor space...about the same.

But, I did manage to get 23 dinners in the freezer, some french toast sticks and a bunch of muffins. So now we have 2 very organized freezers, plus a month full of dinners ready to go. No excuses for ordering pizza!!!

I got the idea and website from Kelly. Thanks!! Part of being a "fru-gal". Check it out. http://onceamonthmom.com/

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm loving it! Please report on each recipe so I know if it's worth it!

Too bad you don't live closer...I've got a HUGE kitchen lots of counterspace, and two ovens. I think OAMC would be way better with a buddy!

Just FYI--the house across the street is for sale. I could totally see you guys as a Cali family!

Amy said...

2 ovens!!! I didn't know that. Now I'm super jealous!!!

Kelly said...

seriously...across the street is going into forclosure. Same layout as ours, but fancier upgrades.

You know you wish to move cross country! Totally worth 2 ovens! ;)