Monday, September 28, 2009

Sewing machine is busy....

I've been busy sewing lately. Mary asked me to make a couple bags to donate to their church silent auction. I hope they're cute enough that someone wants to buy them!! I made a decorated "mom" bag. And 2 crayon bags (one for a boy and one for a girl). The bags have little slots that hold the crayons in front. I filled the bags with a coloring book, pencils crayons, pencils, stickers and a notebook. Pretty cute...in my opinion!!!

The other sewing project has been some little blankies for Joshua. He loves his green and yellow blankies that you could (notice I said could) buy at Wal-Mart. At one point we had about 6. Now we're down to 2. I have no idea how they keep disappearing!!! It had been on my to-do list to order some more online. Now they're gone. But....for the very reasonably price of $25, a nice lady on EBay has 3 of them for sale!! They were only $8 at Wal-Mart, so her mark-up of 300% is very fair!!!
I did think for a few minutes about trying to bargain with her, but then I got a grip on reality. For the low low price of $12, I got enough fabric at Hobby Lobby to make 6 little blankies!!! You do the math!!! Now I can feed Joshua's little baby crack habit with enough blankies to last quite a while. And if we lose all 6, I can whip out some more. Go ahead little man...use your blankies, rub them all over you face....love them to pieces!! They're only $2 a pop!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That crayon bag is ADORABLE!

Great work!

maryh said...

the bags look great! and i didn't know you were going to stuff them - a great idea. you are so charitable!