Sunday, September 13, 2009

Viva Las Vegas...

For the first time since I was very very pregnant with Sophia, Mike and I flew away for some much needed time away from the kids!!! In celebration of Shannon's 40th (WOW!!) birthday, there were 7 couples who met in Vegas to win money (yeah right!!) and have fun. We came from San Antonio, Dallas, Kansas City, San Diego and Corona (outside Los Angles). Not bad!! We were in 4 different hotels which made getting together a little hard, but we had lots of fun and I'm SO glad Mike and I were able to go!

It took a village to get our kids taken care of for the 4 nights. My sister kept Sophia. Shirley had the boys for 2 nights. Then my mom helped out and took Joshua for 2 nights. Even Mary's mother in law helped some!! Big thanks and hugs to everyone. Mike and I really needed and enjoyed the time away!

Vegas was great. Didn't win any money, but had lots of fun. We all felt a little old though. Some signs you're old in Vegas:

1. You're fine with spending 6 hours at the pool...in the shade with no alcohol! You're fine avoiding the Lazy River which is just a pick up spot for singles and all you want to do is nap and people watch!!

2. You decide which clubs or bars to get into based on whether or not they let people in shorts and tennis shoes in. And when you do get into the bar...you're wondering why people are dancing in a cage and swinging from a tire swing above the bar. Hmmm....and the random blowing of whistles seems very odd. If I had known whistles were "in", I would have brought my old teacher whistle from the recess days!

3. Penny slots seems like the way to go. And for a real thrill... you hit the nickel slots. Wahoo!!!

Anyhow...pictures to come soon. It was great to be with old friends and have time away from kids. Some of these friends I've known for about 17 years! And each time we get together we can pick up like it was yesterday. So, I'm so thankful to have such wonderful friends to spend time with!!

When's our next trip????

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I vote we do it again soon! How about Disney Cruise 2011...it's leaving from Los Angeles!

shannon said...

Holy Cow Kel!! I was just thinking along those lines. I thought a cruise would be great!!! Make it a Disney and it would be fan-freakin-tastic!!! You know I'm a big kid, no matter what my age! Shall we start planning now????