Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school.....

Jake is off to Kindergarten today and Sophia is off to the "older 3's" room. We survived the summer but now I'm don't think I'm ready for it to be over!!

Jake was super excited about today. He jumped out of bed and was ready to go! One of his first comments was "It's still dark! The sun needs to come up before I go to school!" My thought exactly!!! Why must school start so early????

We all walked him to school this morning. He was happy to go into his classroom and sat down at his chair right away. I kept it together while we said good-bye and then cried on the way home. I hope he's having a good day so far. I think he's going to have a great year. I've heard nothing but good things about his teacher. It's just SO hard handing your child over to the big elementary world!!! I'm very eager to hear his report of the day after school!

The house feels very different with only Joshua here. It's quiet and a bit lonely. Both kids are at school all day. Jake goes until 2:45 and Sophia until 3:00 today.

All the Wille's walking to Northwood Elem.

Jake at his table. This was the only really good picture I got of him this morning. He was too busy to stay still for very long!!!!


Sophia is ready to go!
Hanging her stuff on her hook.

4 comments:

shannon said...

HOLY COW!!! I just can't believe they are going to the Big K!! I'm with Shalon...so glad J doesn't start until next year...we will all be a mess that day...can you see 8 adults dropping one very tiny girl off at school on the first day???? LOL

Kelly said...

WOW! He looks so big! Take a picture later today...he'll be wiped out!

Keep those pictures coming(says the girl who hasn't updated her blog in a month!)

maryh said...

he looks so old in that picture. can't wait to hear from him the details of the day!

debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.