Sunday, August 2, 2009

Strong willed is an understatement!!

Sophia is Sophia...what more can I say? She continues to press every button we have and then find a new one that we didn't even know was there. The past 2 Sundays at church have been very very difficult. She can sit through the service pretty well. She's done it before!! We started a new rule that they couldn't have gum until after the service. Grammy had a habit of doling out gum and lollipops like she was working in a candy shop! So, we stopped that.

Last Sunday I think the whole church heard her screaming at one point or another. During church I took her out and sat in the Parish Hall which has a live feed of the service, so at least I could watch while she threw her fit. At one point she got really mad and said "I'm taking off my dress." Not sure about your church, but our church frowns upon taking your clothes off!!

Today wasn't any better. Mike took her out early in the service and she cried and screamed the whole rest of the time. He sat in the Parish Hall while she went on and on and on. Talk about stamina!!! When we got in the car, she wanted her new mermaid and Mike took it away as one of her consequences. In a very pitiful way she goes "I said I'd behave but I didn't." Very sad.

Then we got home and she proceeded to scream, cry, throw stuff and kick me. It was lovely. What are we going to do with her??????

No comments: