Thursday, June 4, 2009

Graduation Day....




It's official now... I have a kid old enough to head to Kindergarten. I realize that he could have gone last year, but I really really really think that letting him have one more year at Northwood Presbyterian was by far the best decision for him. Today was the last day of school and I was ready with tissues, but surprisingly didn't need them until I was at home and the kids were napping. Then the graduation and lack of sleep really hit.

The graduation/chapel service was very cute. All the classes sang a song. Sophia's class sang "Down By the Bay" and at every "funny part" they all cracked up laughing. There wasn't a whole lot of singing going on. Jake's class sang "We're Going to Kindergarten." The girls in his class did most of the singing. The boys just stood there. Then...all the kids who were moving on next year got called up one by one to get their diploma. Jake was just so darn cute. He has learned SO much this year and had a fun time. I can't thank his teachers...and Sophia's too..for such a great year.

Now the countdown is on until Mike gets home. I can do one more night alone...I've made it this far...I can survive the last stretch. And having a 90 min. massage scheduled on Saturday helps some too!!!!

2 comments:

maryh said...

so cute. i wish we lived there so i could have seen it! jake looks really happy - so sweet.

Kelly said...

So cute!!!!!